You may donate blood while on the program. It is important to take pro-active measures to ensure your blood sugar does not drop after making your blood donation.
Do not donate blood during the first 2 weeks of Phase 1, while your body is going through detox.
Prior To Donating Blood
- The night before, brew a pot of tea or boil water.
- For every 8 oz of fluid, mix in 1 teaspoon of honey until it is fully dissolved.
- For flavor you may add ReaLemon or other zero-calorie lemon juice and/or zero-calorie sweetener.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bring 16 oz of the honey drink you prepared with you.
- Immediately after donating blood, sip 8 oz of the honey drink to put a floor under your blood sugar.
- If you feel light-headed, sip the remaining 8 oz of the honey drink, as needed.
- To prevent dehydration, sip plenty of hydrating fluids (e.g., water, herbal teas, etc.) for the remainder of the day.
NOTE: ACC(U)LIFE IS NOT A MEDICAL PRACTICE AND DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL TREATMENT. PLEASE SEE YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN FOR MEDICAL ADVICE.